It is very important to us that we keep your information safe and secure.
In the UK, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (an independent public body) is responsible for upholding information rights and data privacy. We adhere to their principles and guidelines.
In order to do this we:
· Process your personal information in line with the ICO recommendations
· Ensure that personal information we collect is relevant and not excessive to our needs
· Only keep your personal information for as long as necessary
· Only use your personal information for the reasons for which it was collected
· Ask for your consent to agree to being part of our marketing mailing lists
· Do everything we can to protect your personal information from accidental loss or unlawful processing
If you contact us to make an enquiry about Charity events, support, volunteering, funding, bursaries or products, your personal information will be used to respond to that enquiry.
How we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
· When you contact us by email or via our website “contact us” section to ask for information
· If you make a purchase from our website
· If you make a donation
· If you apply for a bursary or funding
· If you apply to become a trustee
· As you interact with us in other ways – as a Touch for Health’er, volunteer, event participant, or in any other capacity.
How we use personal data
We collect information from enquirers, TFH students, bursary applicants, funding applicants, trustees, Touch for Health instructors, donators and volunteers to:
· Respond to enquiries to the Charity
· Provide & respond to product requests
· Administer bursary and funding applications
· Raise funds for the charity
· Support the development of TFH in the UK
What data we hold
Emails and website enquiries – no data is held once the enquiry has been actioned. If it is vital that any data is stored then permission will be sought and password protected. All temporary data is password protected.
Purchases and donations – no data is held once the purchase has been fulfilled or the donation has been processed and acknowledged. All temporary data is password protected. All financial transactions are managed by Squarespace and Stripe, their privacy policies can be viewed here https://www.squarespace.com/privacy, https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Trustee data is held and password protected (name, role, dates served).
For bursaries and funding applications it may include:
· Information concerning your health, medical conditions & medication
· Date of birth, gender
· Personal interests
· Special educational needs
· Dietary requirements where there is catering involved
· Previous qualifications and Kinesiology schools and organisations you may belong to
· Contact details of your family or next kin
· Financial status
The lawful basis for processing this data is because consent has been provided.
If you choose to register for and attend any of our events as a TFH student, member of the public or volunteer we will use your information to manage your attendance at the event.
You may find links to other web pages on our web site. The terms of this policy only apply to the Touch For Health UK Charity. They do not apply to any external websites you may visit though a link on our web pages.
If you no longer wish to receive information from us please email us at email@example.com
You can unsubscribe from the Mailchimp emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email.
You also have the right to:
· Request to see the information we hold about you
· Tell us to change or update your information if it is inaccurate or it changes
· Ask us to delete the information we hold about you.
Any request should be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please allow 30 days for a response.
The TFH Charity has processes in place to act on all of the above.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information, and use it as detailed above, for as long as is necessary for your interaction with us and you choose to remain “opted in”.
A record of bursary and funding awards (name, date, amount) will be kept for the life of the Charity.
A record of the trustees (name, date, role) will be kept for the life of the Charity.
How we store your personal information
Opt in consent, bursary/funding requests, trustee information and any other vital data is stored on Google Drive/Mail protected by a password and made available to the trustees and charity administrators only. Backups of this data are held on USB device that is kept in a locked cabinet.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. We will do our best to update you of any changes. Please refer back to this page on our web site www.touchforhealthcharity.com to keep up to date with changes.
Impact assessment and DPO
A Data Protection Impact Assessment is not required as there are no new technologies, no profiling and no processing of special categories.
A Data Protection Officer is not required due to the small scale.
Making a complaint to the ICO
If you believe that we are not processing your data in accordance with the law then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners office through their helpline 0303 123 1113